So how do you know when is the right time to bring your child to a professional? Here are a some examples of good reasons to get some help:
- Your kid is going through a stage in development that was particularly difficult for you when you were younger.
- You feel out of control in your relationship with your kid(s).
- You and your partner are not on the same page about discipline and often disagree, creating confusion for the kids.
- Your family is going through a major change or challenge (loss, death, illness, divorce, moving, separation, etc.).
- Something about your kid is different and you are having a hard time addressing it alone.
- Your child/teenager is telling you that they want to talk to somebody.
- Your kids is acting out at school and/or at home and nothing seems to help make things better.
- Your pediatrician recommends that you find a counselor for your kid.
- Teachers and/or social workers at school are expressing concern for your child’s behavior and emotional well-being.
Do you recognize yourself in any of the above? Email me your concerns to see whether this is the right time for you to get some professional help.